Book clubs are not meeting in person but are meeting remotely
Speak with a Reference Librarian for more information or check out our Events Calendar for dates of upcoming meetings.
Groups & Clubs:
Please check our Newsletter for the most up-to-date meeting dates and book selections.
New Voices Book Club
This club meets once a month on a Thursday at 11:00 AM.
The Discussion Facilitator is our Librarian, Barbara.
Tuesday Evening Book Club
This club meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM.
The Discussion Facilitator is Linda Ruben.
Fourth Fridays Book Club
This club meets at 10:00 AM on the Fourth Friday of the month.
This is a Library sponsored book club with meetings held at the Rose Caracappa Senior Center located at 739 Route 25A in Mt. Sinai. The Discussion Facilitator is our Librarian, Stacey.
Great Decisions Discussion Group
This group meets once a month on a Wednesday at 7:00 PM.
This group discusses topics of contemporary concern. The Group does not meet in November or December. The Discussion Facilitators are Margaret Foster and Stojan Rebic.
Historical Happenings Book Club
This club meets once every two months on a Saturday at 10:00 AM.
For lovers of history, both fiction and nonfiction, this revived book club is for you! The Discussion Facilitator is Victoria Boecherer.
Want to Start a Book Discussion Group?
Visit our How to Guide, linked to at the below, which includes information on choosing appropriate books for discussions, leading a discussion, researching an author, creating discussion questions, and reading the selected book for a discussion. Check out the books in our collection that we believe may satisfy your members.
Book Discussion Collection
With lots of title to choose from and multiple copies of each title available, PJFL’s Book Discussion Collection is a great resource for your book discussion group! Here’s what you need to know:
- The Book Discussion Collection is shelved on the far right wall at the end of the Fiction Collection on the Lower Level
- Titles from this Collection are available to book groups that meet at member’s homes, businesses, churches, community centers, and retirement homes
- All Suffolk County library cardholders are welcome to check out books from this collection
- You may check out all of the copies of a book or just a single copy
- To request multiple copies of a title that the Library does not own, Port Jefferson Free Library cardholders are encouraged to speak with a Librarian
- Please note that if you check out multiple copies of a book for the use of your book club, remember that these items are YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and you agree to pay the replacement costs involved should any copies of the books become lost or damaged